Math Journeys 2012
Dear Parents and/or Guardians,
The Little Rock School District is pleased to offer your rising 6th grade student an opportunity to participate in the 2012 Math Journeys Summer School Program at M.L. King. This exciting 18 day engineering/mathematics summer school enrichment program has been designed especially to strengthen and enhance the math and science skills of your upcoming middle school student.
The mathematical focus will be fractions and measurement as your child engages in a variety of high-interest problem-solving activities and engineering design tasks. Students will work individually and in teams to build their confidence in tackling non-routine complex tasks that will develop and foster critical and creative thinking skills. Students will work with highly qualified teachers and coaches to build a rigorous, exciting, learning atmosphere that will take into account all learning styles and interests. With just 15 students per classroom, teams of 2-3 teachers and a math coach will work in collaborative teams to offer your child the highest quality learning experience possible.
We hope your child will be able to take advantage of this exciting opportunity!
Here are the specifics:
- The Math Journeys math/science enrichment program is designed for rising Little Rock School District6th grade students.
- Math Journeys begins Wed., June 6th and ends Fri., June 29th.
- Students attend Monday-Friday, 8:45 am to 1:00 pm.
- Bus Transportation will be provided. Forms requesting bus transportation are due April 25.
- A large, healthy snack is provided daily.
- Each student will receive a calculator upon completion of the program.
- ALL STUDENTS MUST ATTEND EVERY DAY TO RECEIVE THE FULL BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM.
- A very important and informative parent meeting will be held Thursday, May 31st, 6-6:45 in the M.L. King cafeteria.
ENROLLING NOW….Click this link for more info: MORE INFORMATION
- Posted in: Informational